Okay, this is for the kids, or the father, aunts, uncles, grandparents, caretakers, or what not of a child looking for ways to surprise their mom this Mother’s Day. A sure fire gift that will always put a sparkle in any moms eyes from their kids is a homemade card expressing their love for mom. Add that card with a bouquet of flowers and you will have mommy wrapped around your little finger. Other top choices moms love is chocolates and candy. However, besides flowers and candy, there are tons of other ways you can surprise mom on Mother’s Day that she will surely love. Here are a few suggestions that will make this Mother’s Day extra special for your mom:
- Have an adult if you are not old enough to work an oven, help you bake your mom’s favorite cake and have it waiting on the table with a beautiful vase of flowers on the table.
- Serve mom breakfast in bed with a single rose in a vase. (Have an adult help if you are not old enough to cook, or else mom will be just as happy with a bowl of cereal and a cup of juice.
- Want to surprise her huge? Lean your room the Saturday before Mother’s Day! Maybe even pick up your toys from other rooms of the house too!
- Older kids can plan an elegant supper, prepare it, and clean up afterwards. Don’t forget the flowers for the table with a special card reminding her of how special she is to you.
- Again for older children. How about washing mom’s car? Don’t forget to clean the inside out to. You know, under the seats and what not where the candy wrappers are dropped and toys are left. The younger siblings can even help out.
- Older kids can offer up their services of a full house cleaning, complete with a flower bouquet to top off all the newfound shine!
- How about a day at the spa? If there is more than one child in the family, this is a great one for kids of any age (except maybe for the 5 and under group) where you can combine your allowances and give your mom a day of pampering. Don’t get an allowance – how about giving mom a good foot rub or a neck and shoulder massage? You can follow up with running mom a nice warm bath with flowers and candles. If you are not old enough, let dad, mom, or someone else light the candles.
- Mom’s love gifts from the heart so you are always safe making your mom something special for Mother’s Day no matter what your age is.
- For those of you who have grown, moved away from home, or are in the service, make sure you call mom on Mother’s Day. If you are unable to call, write her a handwritten letter with your heart felt feelings about why she is so special to you and how you wish you were there to help celebrate such a wonderful day in both of you alls life. Sending flowers can express many of your feelings and is a great way to acknowledge your mom on Mother’s Day, but your words to compliment those flowers will mean more to your mother than anything else will in the world.
Do you have any great suggestions for children to surprise mom on Mother’s Day? If so, feel free to share them here.